Aleris & Magid Glove & Safety
Aleris has identified a valuable partner in Magid Glove and Safety to serve the Preferred Corporate Supplier for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and related Environment, Health, and Safety products. This supplier relationship currently includes all operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Dominican Republic.
The products listed in each location’s catalog are organized by body part and are grouped by activity and risk type. Aleris sites within the specified regions should select the appropriate PPE and products using the options listed in this catalog.
This catalog has been created with the following objectives:
- Identify the best performing PPE option for the given task or activity.
- Standardize PPE usage across the corporation to ensure that the best performing products for a given process risk are used consistently.
- Drive the best possible cost by leveraging Aleris’ purchasing volume of PPE and related EHS equipment.
Prescription Safety Eyewear
Magid Glove & Safety, along with our partners at Essilor, are committed to providing a one-stop solution for prescription safety eyewear for Aleris employees. To start a prescription eyewear program at your location, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the form on page 1 of this document
- Facility Address
- Safety Contact(s)
- On page 2, employee data we use for eligibility website
- Send to Tory Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essilor will recruit eye care provider(s) for you; if you have recommended provider, please include in initial email in Step 2.
- Upon completion of set up, Tory Olson will email you instructions on how to use program.
- Lastly, contact your Magid representative to get billing set up for your prescription eyewear program.
If you are experiencing issues with your new glasses, checking on the status of an order, in need of adjustments, repairs, or warranty work, etc please contact the provider who originally made your order. State dispensing laws and HIPPA prohibit lab personnel from speaking directly to you about order status/specifics. The ordering optical/optician needs to initiate the call to the lab.
If you are in need of changes to program, re-printing of invoices, questions on charges, questions on your iSafety account, etc, please contact the Essilor Prescription Safety Eyewear customer service at 800-832-7125. Please have your account number available when you call, that number can be found on the upper right hand side of your order form.
Primary customer service (pricing, product selection, quality, etc.) to your site should be provided by your local Magid Glove and Safety area salesperson. You may use the following link to determine the sales person in your area:
Click Here to View the Sales Locator Tool
If you are having customer service issues that cannot be resolved by your area Magid salesperson, you may contact the following people:
National Contract Manager
Senior Manager Corporate Accounts
Please contact your Aleris Business HSE leaders for internal questions or issues.
Aleris Menu of Services
Health and Safety Services
|PPE Product Training as specified under OSHA 29CFR1910.132
|Working at Heights Training
|Respirator Fit Testing Quantitative and Qualitative
|NFPA 70E / Electrical Safe Work Practices Awareness Training
|NFPA 70E / Electrical Safe Work Practices Arc Flash Analysis & Qualified Person Training
||Fee Based – Negotiated with an Outside Consultant
|Rubber Insulator Glove Testing
||See Style # EGT for Pricing
|RX Eyewear Program
||Fee Based – Through Essilor
|iSafety Online Eligibility Program for RX Eyewear
|Vending Management Program
||Call for Details
|Glove Cut and Abrasion Testing
*Value to be applied against cost savings.
**No charge pending scope and size of project.