Director of Human Resources
CHICAGO, June, 2018 — We are proud to announce Magid’s inclusion in the Center for Companies That Care’s 2018 Honor Roll — a national list recognizing employers for outstanding workplace practices and active community involvement. Companies That Care is a not-for-profit organization that works to increase college graduation rates among underserved students.
Honor Roll employers are chosen because they consistently make meaningful investments in their employees and invest in society as a whole through community service. They must also display adherence to all 10 Characteristics of socially responsible employers:
- Sustain a work environment founded on dignity and respect for all employees.
- Make employees feel their jobs are important.
- Cultivate the full potential of all employees.
- Encourage individual pursuit of work/life balance.
- Enable the well-being of individuals and their families through compensation, benefits, policies, and practices.
- Develop great leaders at all levels who excel at managing people as well as results.
- Appreciate and recognize the contributions of employees.
- Establish and communicate standards for ethical behavior and integrity.
- Get involved in community endeavors and/or public policy.
- Consider the human toll when making business decisions.
“Magid is committed to improving the lives of our employees and their children, as well as children throughout our community. We partner with Companies that Care to help kids get a better high school experience, to help them navigate the college application process and to support them though college graduation.” — Chuck Palid, Director of Human Resources at Magid
Magid is a fourth-generation, family owned, U.S.-based manufacturer and global distributor of head-to-toe Personal Protective Equipment. We’ve been providing quality products, flexible programs and expert safety advice at the best value since 1946.
For more about the Center for Companies That Care, the Honor Roll, or its Communication Action Programs, visit companies-that-care.org or call 312-661-1010.
As a PPE manufacturer with workers of our own, we understand your safety needs and the challenges you face. Our industry-leading experts and skilled manufacturing team, coupled with our worldwide network of suppliers, mean we source or develop everything you need to keep your workers safe at competitive prices. We answer your questions, conduct onsite assessments and tackle your toughest safety challenges – from customizing PPE to creating inventory management and distribution programs.
Magid is the only company that gives you this kind of true expertise and personalized service. We're a fourth-generation family-owned business and still growing strong – at Magid, safety isn't just a job, it's our legacy!
Contact us today at 800-444-8030 to learn more or visit magidglove.com.