Electrical Glove Testing (EGT)
Magid's in-house electrical glove testing (EGT) lab is one of the most sophisticated and automated in the industry. Helping you meet ASTM F496 requirements, we offer accurate convenient testing services for new or in-service electrical rubber gloves from Class 00 to Class 4, 11" to 18" lengths and all cuff styles.
Shipping Instructions - Magid will auto e-mail or fax a confirmation to you with the order
number and lab shipping instructions after you place the order with Customer Service.
Please write the ordernumber given on the outside of the boxes and place a copy of the
confirmation inside one of the boxes.
Order Confirmation - Magid will enter your gloves into our computer system by class,
size, length, cuff type, color and brand once they receive them. The computer system
will then generate an auto e-mailor fax to inform you of the arrival of your gloves, highlighting
any quantity discrepancies. Gloves with a specified future testing date will be stored until
said date arrives. Otherwise, testing will begin immediately.
1. Wash (by washing machine or hand) and dry gloves
2. Visually inspect gloves in glove inflators by filling them with air and thoroughly checking
for defects, recording all visual failures and stamping gloves accordingly
3. Electrically test gloves with no visual failures using the voltage/time necessary based
on the standard, and pull all gloves with failures from the machine to record and stamp
as failed while testing the remaining gloves again
4. Dry, date stamp and prepare all the gloves that passed for shipment back to you while
auto e-mailing or faxing notification of test completion with a copy of the test report
5. Ship back all gloves (both passed and failed) to you with a test report