Effective Date: 2/1/2021
California residents should review our section below titled “California Privacy Rights” for additional information regarding the information we collect, disclose, and your rights under California law.
- Information Collection.
We collect information from you in several ways, including when you choose to share information with us by entering it through our Website, and by using automated processes. We also collect information about your transactions with us, such as when you order our products through our Website or through third party storefronts where we sell our products such as Ebay.com.
(a) Information You Provide.
We may ask you and you may choose to provide certain “Personal Information” to us, which is information that identifies you personally, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, payment information, mailing and billing addresses, and telephone number. Please note that we use a third-party payment processor so we do not store information about your payment card when you submit online payment. If you call us over the phone and provide your payment information, we do not store that information, but promptly pass it on to our third-party payment processor. We may collect this information in a variety of places, including when you contact us directly, through third party storefronts, and through our Website.
(b) Automated Information Collection.
In addition to any information that you choose to submit to us via the Website, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Website (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your Device whenever you visit or interact with our Website. To the extent we associate Usage Information with your Personal Information we collect directly from you on the Website, we will treat it as Personal Information.
This Usage Information may include:
- your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Website, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the URL that referred you to our Website;
- the areas within our Website that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- your Device location;
- your Device characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
Tracking Technologies. We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Website. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our Website’s pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Website, to monitor how users navigate the Website, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Website, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- ETag, or Entity Tag. A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner ETags are a form of Device Identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and/or HTML5 cookies.
- Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices in the same user).
- Tracking Technologies Usage. We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- Targeting‑Related. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content relevant to your interests on our Website and third-party sites based on how you interact with our content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content that has been delivered to you.
- Use of Collected Information.
- Information Sharing.
(a) Co-Branded Areas.
We may provide certain parts of our Website in association with third parties, such as promotional partners or affiliates. These “co-branded areas” will identify the third party. If you choose to use these co-branded areas, we may share your information with the identified third party, and that third party may also collect information from you, in addition to the information that we collect, as described above. You should review the privacy policies of those identified third parties to understand how they collect and use information.
(b) Links to Third-Party Web sites.
Our Website may include links to third-party websites or other online services. We are not responsible for these other sites and services, and they may collect and use information about you. You should review the privacy policies for such third parties before using their sites or services to understand how they collect and use information.
(c) Third-Party Tracking and Do Not Track.
Third parties may use tracking technologies in connection with our Website, which may include the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites. Our Website uses these third-party analytics services, including, but not necessarily limited to, Google Analytics. These services may track details about your online activities over time and across different sites. These services help us to improve our Website. These services may also allow us to provide you with targeted advertisements or other content that you may be interested in based on your online activities. You can learn more about Google Analytics and your choices at this link. If you would like to learn more about targeted ads that may be based on your online activities (and the choices that you may exercise for certain sites and advertisers) you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative https://www.networkadvertising.org or the Digital Advertising Alliance https://digitaladvertisingalliance.org websites. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Information Protection.
We use commercially reasonable and industry standard security technologies and safeguards to protect the information that we collect and use. For example, we utilize a PCI-certified service provider to process payment card payments. We also expect our service providers to protect information in the same manner. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
- Changing Information and Communication Preferences.
- Users Outside of the United States.
Our Website is operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States differ from those of other countries. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that the information that we collect will be transferred to and processed, stored, and used in the United States, and that by using our Website, you consent to such transfers and processing.
7. Children’s Privacy.
Our sites and applications are intended for general audiences, and we do not knowingly seek or collect personal information from children under the age of eighteen (18). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, in the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age thirteen (13) without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from or about a minor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will promptly delete that information.
- California Privacy Rights.
Residents of California may also, under §1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request clearly in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
- Contact Us.
Address: Magid Glove & Safety Manufacturing Company
Attn: Michael Strama
1300 Naperville Drive
Romeoville, IL 60446-1043