Article # 6102
Many businesses are seeking ways to protect their employees by reducing noise exposure on the job. Employers concerned about the long-term damage of noisy work environments are increasing their efforts to protect their workers.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Be aware of the noise levels in your work place. Conduct a study to determine the decibel levels.
- Develop a policy regarding hearing protection and strictly enforce its use.
- Reduce noise levels where you can.
- Educate your employees about noise exposure and explain ways they can avoid long-term damage and hearing loss.
- Test employees' hearing regularly.
- Address problems immediately.